Original topic:

Remote starting Oven

(Topic created: 02-13-2023 03:05 PM)
GypsumJoe
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We just bought a new Samsung Oven with connectivity to the Smartthings App. The oven is still be advertised as able to be remotely preheated. Either this function is missing, or I'm missing here the ability to access it is. It was a primary selling point of the oven for my wife and I would like to be able to use it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thanks so much for bringing this up. I can certainly see the appeal of being able to preheat your oven remotely. For this, I recommend reaching out to our dedicated SmartThings team by calling 1-866-813-2404. This team will have the best tools and resources to further assist with this. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Dragonbane69
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Try taking it off the smart things gs app and putting it back on.
0 Likes
GypsumJoe
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I should note that this is a gas range.

Tried removing it and adding it back to the Smartthings App and still giving me the same options.

Even with the Smart Control enabled it still only gives the options to monitor it and send cooking options to it, but nothing to actually start the stove preheating
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thanks so much for bringing this up. I can certainly see the appeal of being able to preheat your oven remotely. For this, I recommend reaching out to our dedicated SmartThings team by calling 1-866-813-2404. This team will have the best tools and resources to further assist with this.