JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reverse Osmosis System With Refrigerator Water Filter

(Topic created: 03-16-2022 08:55 AM)
nanette28
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I do not have the refrigerator hooked up to water. I did not want to. I saw a video of the interior without that water filter section. I called to ask about it and they are telling me to change the filter?? and then something about having to get a professional plumber to set it to reverse osmosis system. Anybody have experience with this? I love the look of the refrigerator, but have had so many problems with talking to the customer service people......

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand your concern with this. Samsung does offer many refrigerator models that do not have an internal water filter housing. If your home has a reverse osmosis filtration system, it is not necessary to use the refrigerator's internal water filter. In fact, using both the reverse osmosis system and the internal water filter can cause the water pressure to drop, which may lead to a slow water flow from the dispenser. If you do not want to use the internal water filter, you'll just need to remove the filter. No additional steps will be needed, as the filter housing has an automatic seal to prevent leaks. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand your concern with this. Samsung does offer many refrigerator models that do not have an internal water filter housing. If your home has a reverse osmosis filtration system, it is not necessary to use the refrigerator's internal water filter. In fact, using both the reverse osmosis system and the internal water filter can cause the water pressure to drop, which may lead to a slow water flow from the dispenser. If you do not want to use the internal water filter, you'll just need to remove the filter. No additional steps will be needed, as the filter housing has an automatic seal to prevent leaks.