Original topic:

Samsung slide-in range overheating after being turned off

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Nektaromulus
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I am having some issues with my Samsung slide-in range.  We have had it since early 2017, model number is NE58F9500SS/AC.  For the last few months, hard to say as we don't use it much in summer, when we use the oven and turn it off, it continues to get hotter and hotter.  The front panel gets extremely hot along with the knobs and all areas around that front panel.  I suspected perhaps it was from the venting but it seems fine when it is on and in use (front panel is a bit warm but nothing out of the ordinary), it's only when it's turned off that it continues to get hotter.  It takes several hours to cool down.  I haven't noticed the usual "oven cooling" message come on or stay on for very long like I would expect.
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is it, perhaps, somehow going into an auto self-cleaning cycle?  That's the only reason I can think of that an oven will continue to heat after you turn it off.

0 Likes
Nektaromulus
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Perhaps, but it can still be opened and I can use the panel, etc.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, Nektaromulus! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your range overheating, and definitely understand the concerns. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option

Nektaromulus
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

That's a cop out.  Your link doesn't even work.  Doesn't really matter if it's non-US, I'm sure it's nearly the same if not exactly the same as the similar American model.  Overheating is a safety issue and Samsung doesn't even offer suggestions on how to go about fixing it.

0 Likes