Original topic:

Smart Side-by-Side Refrigerator RS28A500ASG Wifi connectivity issues

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userH3UVN6Ftig
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

am unable to get my new refrigrator Smart Side-by-Side Refrigerator (RS28A500ASG) connect to wifi it always says "Error Code 15-200" tried everything nothing works any help appreciated

0 Likes
5 Replies
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
If you have wpa3 it might have to be set to wpa2 for that device, make sure you have updated the smartthings app if it uses that to pair it as it recently got updated. What router model is it? Samsung has zip knowledge on what actual wifi chip is in this fridge.
0 Likes
userH3UVN6Ftig
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

am using wpa2 using comcast (xfinty standard router ) i have samsung electric range infact thar works perfectly  but the fridge am unable to make it work

0 Likes
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Have you tried rebooting (power cycling) the router then doing it?
0 Likes
userH3UVN6Ftig
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

yes tried rebooting router ,fridge, phone . Even tried to split band between 2.4 and 5 GHZ nothing helped finally ended getting this "Error Code 15-200"

0 Likes
rvcjew
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yeah hmm the fridge supports below. What dns is on your router, is it isp or like say Google? I would think you would want it on a 2.4 split. As it is only 2.4 like most IOT stuff. I also personally would put that on a guest network but that's preference.

You have the phone your using to pair it to the app on the same wifi you want to use right during the pairing process? And your phone is up to date software wise as well?

For improved performance, the SmartThings app is subject to change without notice or discontinued support according to the manufacturer’s policy. • Recommended encryption systems include WPA/TKIP and WPA2/AES. Any newer or non-standard Wi-Fi authentication protocols are not supported. • Wireless networks may be affected by the surrounding wireless communication environment. • If your Internet service provider has registered the MAC address of your PC or modem for identification, your Samsung Smart Refrigerator may fail to connect to the Internet. If this happens, contact your Internet service provider for technical assistance. • The firewall settings of your network system may prevent your Samsung Smart Refrigerator from accessing the Internet. Contact your Internet service provider for technical assistance. If this symptom continues, contact a local Samsung service center or retailer. • To configure the wireless access point (AP) settings, see the user manual of the AP (router). • Samsung Smart Refrigerators support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz) protocols. (IEEE 802.11 n is recommended.) • Unauthorized Wi-Fi wireless routers may fail to connect to applicable Samsung Smart Refrigerators.
0 Likes