(Topic created: 05-22-2021 03:38 PM)
usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

The model of my fridge: RFG237AARS/XAA

It has a 7 cube icemaker.

The water dispenser is working fine. When I reset the icemaker, it takes water inside the icemaker, but icemaker does not freeze the water. When I take out the icemaker unit, water drains out of it with no ice around. 

I suspect no cold air is coming is.

I would appreciate if you could offer any solution.

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi again Galaxy Defender. Here is the update as promised. I hope this helps somebody. Pictures are attached.

The icemaker has started making ice again after three repair attempts. Samsung service first replaced the icemaker (did not fix it), then the motherboard (did not fix it either), and finally the blower, which finally solved the problem. The boower is located behind the bottom freezer compartment. One needs to pull out the bottom frezeer, take out plastic storage units, unscrew a cover that taes almost all of the back of the frezeer, pull it out gently and unplug if necessary. The blowers are mounted on the other side of the cover. One can also access the airducts. In fact, Samsung people pushed steam thorugh the icemaker airduct to clean it out of ice. 

I tried to explain many times that there is no chilled air in the icemaker compartment, so it must be the blower  (credits go  to you) and the airduct, but they did not listen. Eventually, after changing a probably working icemaker and working motherboard, they decided to change the blower and it works. It took them three visit. The blower is "not" in the icemaker compartment though, as I explained above. Many thanks for your replies!

the blower unit behind the freezer compartmentthe blower unit behind the freezer compartmenticemaker blower, blades covered with iceicemaker blower, blades covered with iceairflow to icemaker, blocked by iceairflow to icemaker, blocked by ice 

View solution in context

9 Replies
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Check your Blower and the air flow. that leads to the ice maker in the door. Make sure there's not no ice blocking the air flow to the ice maker. And last you might have to replace the ice maker Assembly

Also look up Samsung ICE Maker not working trouble shooter on Samsung troubleshooter
0 Likes
usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks GalaxyDefender, do you know where the blower is located? 

0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The Blower is behind the ice maker unit. Search on YouTube Chris Randall Ice Maker Not Working. I hope this video helps. Chris goes in detail on how to fix your Samsung Refrigerator. Make Sure to like Chris if this helps.

Is your Refrigerator still under warranty if so request a repair.
0 Likes
usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks GalaxyDefender. I have watched two of his videos. He cannot get the unit out because of icing problems in the video that is more relevant, but I think I know what your referring to (I saw a fan in someone else's video on top of that unit, I guess it is that one).

Btw, I have given a like to both of Chris' videos. Thanks for the lead. And my fridge is out of warranty already.

0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
It could be your fan see if its blowing freezing air out the ducts. If it blowing cold air. It's probably your assembly itself. Your freezing coils on the bottom of your ice maker is bad.
0 Likes
usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

thanks, working on this. i will report back later.

0 Likes
Solution
usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi again Galaxy Defender. Here is the update as promised. I hope this helps somebody. Pictures are attached.

The icemaker has started making ice again after three repair attempts. Samsung service first replaced the icemaker (did not fix it), then the motherboard (did not fix it either), and finally the blower, which finally solved the problem. The boower is located behind the bottom freezer compartment. One needs to pull out the bottom frezeer, take out plastic storage units, unscrew a cover that taes almost all of the back of the frezeer, pull it out gently and unplug if necessary. The blowers are mounted on the other side of the cover. One can also access the airducts. In fact, Samsung people pushed steam thorugh the icemaker airduct to clean it out of ice. 

I tried to explain many times that there is no chilled air in the icemaker compartment, so it must be the blower  (credits go  to you) and the airduct, but they did not listen. Eventually, after changing a probably working icemaker and working motherboard, they decided to change the blower and it works. It took them three visit. The blower is "not" in the icemaker compartment though, as I explained above. Many thanks for your replies!

the blower unit behind the freezer compartmentthe blower unit behind the freezer compartmenticemaker blower, blades covered with iceicemaker blower, blades covered with iceairflow to icemaker, blocked by iceairflow to icemaker, blocked by ice 

usercjwJxzLbYH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

just to clarify, this unit does not have coils coming into the icemaker unlike previous models (the one in the youtube video you suggested has coils coming into the icemaker, that one does not have it). The fridge pushed cold air into the icemaker chamber through ducts. Thanks a bunch again for replying all my questions!

Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Glad to see you got it up an running again. Now you have a new motherboard, ice maker, an blower. Now you can tell your guests who come over who wants 🧊