Original topic:

Multiple problems with Samsung RF263BEAESR/AA refrigerator

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Frankie b
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I’ve had several repaired made to my refrigerator over the years and it keeps breaking down on me. 
So far I’ve had the ice maker replaced twice. Both times the PCRichards repair tech told me that he is replacing the ice maker the the new and improved version bc Samsung was aware of the problem and fixed it. It still broke for a 3rd time. I gave up on having ice maker as I didn’t want to pay for a third repair. ,Additionally there are 2 other issues.
1) the side by side door flapper is broken.

2) I get water leaking from somewhere and the bottom of the refrigerator under the slide out draw is constantly filling with water.sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesn’t. 

I’m very disappointed in the quality’ of this unit. it’s sad that things in general these days just don’t last as long as they used to. 
granted , I’ve had this refrigerator for about 5years but it started failing on me after 2 years and hasn’t stopped failing to date.  . 

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If your slide out drawer is filling with water, it's most likely either your filter is not seated properly or there is a problem with the seal. The door mullion is replaceable, you can find the part on amazon. Most likely you will need the spring that snaps it back into the proper position so it doesn't prevent the door from closing, rather than the complete bar (unless that piece is actually broken). The ice maker is especially bad in Samsungs, but all icemakers are problematic. Is your icemaker freezing up? For some reason, the auto defrost on the icemaker isn't always consistent. Checking once a month for ice buildup can help you stave off the problem. If you notice ice buildup, empty the bin, turn the ice maker off and defrost with a blow dryer. This should help some.

0 Likes