JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AU8000 Crystal UHD screen had a shadow, then went dark and then the warranty claim was denied

(Topic created: 02-13-2023 03:03 PM)
dwgant
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Purchased our Au8000 Chrystal UHD and after 7 months of use the screen had shadows, then went completely black.  The screen was mounted against a piece of glass and had not moved in those 7 months.  A tech came out and as we looked at it there were lines that he thought were due to heat all across the screen he pushed on one and it made a long crack line.  Samsung is not supporting the warranty because of physical damage but there was no damage when we installed and the tv had not moved.  Tried speaking with customer support and the very polite woman only repeated over and over that the warranty was voided when we damaged the unit and could not pass me to a supervisor.  Does anyone have any advice.  Hoping to get a new TV and we are happy with the other 2 we have but this experience has made me skeptical of buying another Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this decision is not the one you want to hear. After looking at your ticket and looking through the information we would unfortunately not be able to reverse the decision by our tech support team, as any physical damage to the TV will void the warranty. If you still wish to proceed with service please visit the link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this decision is not the one you want to hear. After looking at your ticket and looking through the information we would unfortunately not be able to reverse the decision by our tech support team, as any physical damage to the TV will void the warranty. If you still wish to proceed with service please visit the link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes