Original topic:

Bluetooth Headphones with optical out questions?

(Topic created: 04-22-2024 02:53 AM)
markcellis
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I'm in the market for a new TV and to simplify my current home entertainment system. I'm older so have some hearing loss. I have been using some low-latency Bluetooth headphones along with my Polk audio receiver at the same time. This allows others in the room to enjoy the movie with the speakers while I can use the headphones to hear the dialog better.

It works well but it is a bit complicated to set up with extra components and I have to have the TV set up to not output Dolby as the Bluetooth transmitter that splits the optical can't handle Dolby.

I have heard that Samsung TV's can have multiple audio outputs at the same time. Here are my questions:

1. Can the TV output both Bluetooth and Optical audio in Dolby/DTS mode at the same time so I can operate a sound bar while still using the Bluetooth headphones
  2. If 1 is yes, which Samsung TVs can do this
  3. Is the Bluetooth output low latency? Will there be a lag between the Bluetooth voice dialog and the actor's lip movements. My current setup is low-latency so this is not an issue

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
0 Replies