Original topic:

Every button on my remote turns my TV off.

(Topic created: a month ago)
Wolfeboro
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Model NO.: UN40H5003AF

This just started happening today, but every button on my remote now controls the power (except for the Power Button, strangely).  I press the Source button, power turns on.  I press Volume Down, power turns off.  I press Mute, power back on, you get the idea.  Whenever the TV turns off, the red light on the TV next to the Power/Menu button blinks rapidly before stabilizing and then the power is off.  I've tried draining the power from the TV several times, and I don't know how the issue started.  What's going on and how do I fix it?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Members_uq4mZYs
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

on the CU 7000 mine was doing the same thing this morning I'd use the buttons on my TV and go in and reset it and it fixed the problem this morning 

0 Likes
Wolfeboro
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Tell me more about that process
0 Likes
ehsankarimi
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Remove the remote's batteries and press each button to check for stickiness. Reset the remote by holding the power button for 20 seconds without batteries. Use your smartphone camera to check the remote's IR emitter. Power cycle the TV by unplugging it, holding the power button for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in. Check for any nearby devices causing interference. If necessary, try a factory reset using the TVā€™s physical buttons. If these donā€™t resolve the issue, contacting Samsung support or a technician might be your next step. Hope this helps!

Wolfeboro
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Well, I did most of that, not necessarily in that order, before your reply. And it didn't work at first, but now everything's working fine, so thank you
0 Likes