JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDMI TV WILL NOT ALLOW OVER THE AIR ATENNA TO DISPLAY THE DOWNLOADED CHANNELS

(Topic created: 06-26-2023 12:45 PM)
Dtronn
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

hI AND THANKS FOR HELPING OUT!   HERE'S WHATS BEEN GOING ON...  

Trying to save my mom some moeny and grief so at 230/month for Xfinity.   I bought the T-mobile streaming box (same thing as I run at my own home- hooked it up and it streams perfect)  next I removed the xfinity co-ax cable and installed a powered flat  antenna, same spot, and there's only one co-ax male to use.  I found the greyed out broadcast icon, switched tv to channel 4, set to scan for "both"  and it downloaded 245 channels. I thought great !  local channels is all she wanted- but ok!  

Here's the problem... The Samsung Live-tv app/icon  will not allow me ( I think)  to access any other over the air channels It will not list or show in any of the menu's or through broadcast icon the channels that it supposedly downloaded!   Unplugged that T-moible streaming box and still no change.   the only "Live tv "  is the samsung channels which isn't local  NBC ABC CBS .... a relative cae in and unplugged everything and then and only then will the tv display local channels, plugging the stream box back in then overrides(?) that over the air setting and no more local channels........

HOW THE  heck do I get this to display smasungtv AND local????     tyvm   Dave 

after reading MANY realated articles I still cannot 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with not being able to view the channels. I would recommend reaching out to T-Mobile to see if they offer local channels through their box. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with not being able to view the channels. I would recommend reaching out to T-Mobile to see if they offer local channels through their box.