JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote won't control eHDMI sound.

(Topic created: Thursday)
dtM-11
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have attached a stereo receiver and speakers to my TU700D TV set using  Anynet+, the provided HDMI cables, an OREI eARC-to-analog converter (which requires PCM output mode from the TV) , and RCA cables into the receiver. I get very nice sound, but the remote will not mute or control the sound going into the receiver. I have tried restarting the TV by both unplugging it and by using the power button on the remote - with and without a 60 second pause. I have restarted the WiFi, restarted the remote with and without batteries (and with and without 60 second pauses).  I have set the receiver volume at a reasonable level, but all I get from the remote is either a "+"or "-" sign or the "mute" symbol on the left side of the screen - with no change in actual volume. I like the TV very much, and even more with the addition of the separate speakers, but having no ability to control the volume with the remote is a very real problem. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@dtM-11 I was suspecting the OREI device and I found this on their website Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 08.52.51.png

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@dtM-11 I was suspecting the OREI device and I found this on their website Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 08.52.51.png

dtM-11
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thanks very much - I should have done a more thorough investigation. Good thing I saved the box so I can return it!