Original topic:

Streaming Errors with Acorn TV

(Topic created: 04-26-2023 10:33 AM)
userLMxZ2g2S0d
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Is this Acorn TV or Samsung?

I get the following error when I am signed into Youtube TV and streaming my Acorn TV shows (Midsomer Murders and Brokenwood).  The error comes when I am about 60 minutes into the 130 minute program.

"Failed to play video!
Error Code: 2019-000000-001"

I have a Samsung Smart TV (Samsung 5 (40)), and have cleared the cache, and checked download and upload speeds (both good). I have also deleted and reinstalled the Acorn App and the Youtube TV apps, and have also reset the smart hub on my TV. I have also deleted, reinstalled, and cleared caches for these apps on my android phone (just in case).

Acorn has been very cordial but has not given me any solution that worked.  Been going on for months now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! I completely understand your concerns with the streaming issues with Acron TV. I'll be more than delighted to assist. Can you make sure the software is updated? If everything is up-to-date, and you have reinstalled the application and the issue persists, and not have any error messages in other apps then the next step I recommend is to speak with Acorn TV'S app developers. You can find the contact for the app developer usually in the App Store in the descriptions section of the app. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Honestly, I used to have trouble all the time trying to stream through my smart TV or smart Blu ray player until I finally realized that these devices, while technically able to stream, isn't really what they were built to do so they aren't the best at doing it. Now I get the dumb versions, save hundreds of dollars and got a nice streaming device. In my case an nvidia shield, although you could try a roku for much less. That's what I'd recommend.
0 Likes
MacPhelan
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I am having the same problem on my Samsung TV.  Anyone else have a fix?

0 Likes
Vaako
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have the same problem with my Samsung QN82Q80RAFXZA QLED (2019) model. What I have found for a work around is open the acorn app on my iPad, start the episode and airdrop it to my Samsung. Somewhat cumbersome but at least the show plays without errors.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! I completely understand your concerns with the streaming issues with Acron TV. I'll be more than delighted to assist. Can you make sure the software is updated? If everything is up-to-date, and you have reinstalled the application and the issue persists, and not have any error messages in other apps then the next step I recommend is to speak with Acorn TV'S app developers. You can find the contact for the app developer usually in the App Store in the descriptions section of the app. 

howe7383
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have had the same issue for about 2 weeks. I spent time on the phone with Samsung and they eventually said it is an Acorn Tv issue. Spoke with Acorn they tries to fix the problem and we’re unable to. Supposedly they will get back to me by text with further information. When I tried to mirror it to my tv all I was able to get was the sound but no picture. I guess I’ll be watching Acorn on my iPad for the foreseeable future.

0 Likes