Original topic:

UN43AU8000FXZA TV no longer controls HW-A450 Soundbar after recent update

(Topic created: yesterday)
kafik
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have had my UN43AU8000FXZA TV and HW-A450 soundbar for almost four years now. I have never before had any problems with the tv or my cable box remote controlling volume and mute on the soundbar.

Within the past two weeks there was an update to the TV, software version T-KSU2EAKUK-2220.9, BT-S. Since that update the soundbar frequently stops being controlled by the same remotes I have been using since I got the tv and soundbar. I have no volume number on screen after changing input or an app. Resetting the soundbar to factory default doesn't work, changing the remote control on the soundbar doesn't work.

I am getting being livid with this problem. Once this started happening I have spent countless HOURS trying to fix it, finally last night I got everything working correctly. Or so I thought. Today I tried to mute the volume and that stopped working. Now the behavior is back to no volume numbers on the tv, no control of the soundbar with my remotes.

I have already reset my tv twice since this started happening. Is there any possible solution or do I just have to trash it all and get a new tv and soundbar? Because if that happens it won't be Samsung.

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! @kafik  Thank you so much for posting about this. Check the HDMI-CEC settings if your TV and soundbar are connected via HDMI-CEC, which is enabled on both the TV and soundbar. Sometimes, updates disable these features. You can also check if a firmware update is available for the soundbar itself. Sometimes compatibility issues arise after a TV update, and the soundbar may need their update to function properly. Try resetting the soundbar as well. This can re-establish communication between the two devices.

Please let me know if this helps

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes