JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN55TU8000FXZA screen dim issues

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 12:47 PM)
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have a dim screen issue. I got this TV in 2020 I believe and it's worked great. But a month or so ago, I paused what I was watching and you know how the screen dims when you pause, well when I went to unpause it, it stayed dim. I talked to Samsung support who told me to do device care and turn it on and off in several different ways but nothing would work to make it go back. I eventually reset it to factory and while signing into several apps, one I went into the screen suddenly brightened back up to normal. It lasted a few weeks or so before it went dim while I was watching something and I tried all the same things I had before with no luck to get it back. My warranty is always over when these tvs mess up and it was used A LOT. It pretty much stayed on 24/7 because I work from home and like the noise in the background and I need a movie playing while I sleep to stay asleep. We also always had it on dynamic brightness as well. Did I just burn it out from the constant play? I'm not sure what else to do here.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Here is a generalized idea of what's happening with your Samsung Television.

It's unlikely that the issue you're experiencing with your Samsung Television can be resolved by performing the procedural troubleshooting steps. Usually there are a number of them. However, it sounds unlikely that they will resolve your issue.

As far as the issue you are experiencing from what symptoms you do mention. It sounds like there's a problem with the power board side of your Television. That's not to say that it's just the power supply board or just one issue. The issue you are experiencing is the internal system that protects the Television from further damage.

It very well could be that there are LED Strips that have gone bad. The internal Power Supply Expects an expected uptake voltage to the LED's. The LED's are supposed to consume that expected power. When it senses that the LED's aren't consuming the power they should be. It will cause the Television to shut off.

I hope that I have given you an idea as to where to look. I don't work for Samsung nor can my advice be taken as being for Samsung Corporation or any of it's Affiliates. Depending on the age of the Television and how much you want to pay? You could have it repaired or fix it yourself. My personal opinion.

View solution in context

12 Replies
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Cvickers419

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd like to be of assistance to you with your question. I'll suggest a few potential solutions for you to try.

Samsung Product Support Website:

"How to Discharge or Cold Boot Your Samsung Television"

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/

1. Unplug the TV from the power source.
2. ***Wait for at least 60 seconds to discharge any residual power.***
3. Plug the TV back into the power source.
4. Disconnect all Devices & Cables from your Samsung Television IE: USB, HDMI, Digital Optical Output, Mouse, & Keyboard
5. Attempt to turn on the TV using the remote or the physical power button.
6. If your Samsung Television is plugged into a Power Strip or Surge Protector. (Test and ensure that the Power Strip or Surge Protector is Functioning Properly)

If these steps don't resolve the issue with your Samsung Television. I will provide additional information on how to seek Support for your Samsung Television here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Or if you prefer you can also send a private message to Samsung Moderator. @Samsung_Moderator

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Samsung Customer Support is here to assist you. Thank you!
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Cvickers419 I'd like you to try a few settings changes on your Samsung Television as well.

1. Please lower the brightness and back light to half
2. Turn on Eco-Solution and Power Saving

Please reply with your findings
0 Likes
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I did the power saving, but under eco solution I have ambient light detection and motion lighting. Which were on but I had just turned them off to see if that would do anything. I adjusted the brightness and contrast to 25 out of 50 because nothing says back lighting. It's still super dim and I can barely see anything.
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Thank you for replying back to me quickly. Did you say that your Samsung Television is still under warranty?
0 Likes
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
No, it ran out awhile ago...
0 Likes
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I turned on ambient light detection and motion lighting again with the settings you suggested and I think it looks even darker now.
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Are you familiar with how your Televison works mechanically? I ask because I know what the issue is. I can give you a better understanding of why it's not working normally. Then you can decide on what course of action you wish to take from here.
0 Likes
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I am not sure. I've never been behind the scenes on one of these but I'm not technically challenged if you have a suggestion that might work since I'd rather try anything than have to toss it.
0 Likes
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Here is a generalized idea of what's happening with your Samsung Television.

It's unlikely that the issue you're experiencing with your Samsung Television can be resolved by performing the procedural troubleshooting steps. Usually there are a number of them. However, it sounds unlikely that they will resolve your issue.

As far as the issue you are experiencing from what symptoms you do mention. It sounds like there's a problem with the power board side of your Television. That's not to say that it's just the power supply board or just one issue. The issue you are experiencing is the internal system that protects the Television from further damage.

It very well could be that there are LED Strips that have gone bad. The internal Power Supply Expects an expected uptake voltage to the LED's. The LED's are supposed to consume that expected power. When it senses that the LED's aren't consuming the power they should be. It will cause the Television to shut off.

I hope that I have given you an idea as to where to look. I don't work for Samsung nor can my advice be taken as being for Samsung Corporation or any of it's Affiliates. Depending on the age of the Television and how much you want to pay? You could have it repaired or fix it yourself. My personal opinion.