Original topic:

BLOATWARE APPS

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 09:44 PM)
Members_cJB0DTR
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

The amount of pre-installed apps is now ridiculous. 8 apps I can nit remove. I have 12% storage on my TV. And it's extremely slow. But Samsung has now crossed the line installing Tiktok on my TV and I have ZERO ways to remove this. Apple TV and peacock. Hulu. Disney+ prime and slightly and some called via play. I will never ever buy another Samsung TV ever again. It has been the worst purchase ever. I'll stick to romu tvs. How dare Samsung just decide to install tiktok on my TV. It has the WORST privacy T&C. Bad move Samsung 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Members_cJB0DTR
@RealityNeverLivesUp
@ReasonedLack

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your feedback about the pre-installed applications on your Samsung Television, Phone or other computing devices.

There are reasons why they get loaded on your Samsung Television. The first of which is a guaranteed revenue stream from the corporations that own the services like Hulu, Disney+, Amazon, and countless others. Pay Samsung money for space on your Television.

Another reason is these fees in part subsidize the price of your new Samsung Television. It's very small but it does reduce the costs a consumer pays up front.

Another reason is that there are millions of people who do use the services on their Samsung Televisions . So in a way it's convenient to have them preloaded for many consumers. Who don't have a lot of experience with technology. They just want conevenience, they don't care how it works, but just want it.

I'm not saying that I agree to the practice by any means. But simply explaining the behind-the-scenes things that happen in the business world.

Of course the same principal applies to your Samsung Galaxy Phone's, Computers, and other computing devices as well.

I hope that I have given some insights as to why they do this. Certainly feel free to disagree with me. But I did want to add some insight as to why. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your feedback. Thank you!

View solution in context

5 Replies
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I got my A54 from Amazon unlocked brand new zero I mean zero bloatware saved about 200 dollars or more and got a free TMOBILE Sim card with activation. I'll never buy a new phone any other way ever again. I know it's not a TV but felt like sharing
LED and OLED TVs
I have 2 Q80a's and I had no idea TikTok had been loaded on them until just now. And I can't delete them. That's unreal.
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Members_cJB0DTR
@RealityNeverLivesUp
@ReasonedLack

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your feedback about the pre-installed applications on your Samsung Television, Phone or other computing devices.

There are reasons why they get loaded on your Samsung Television. The first of which is a guaranteed revenue stream from the corporations that own the services like Hulu, Disney+, Amazon, and countless others. Pay Samsung money for space on your Television.

Another reason is these fees in part subsidize the price of your new Samsung Television. It's very small but it does reduce the costs a consumer pays up front.

Another reason is that there are millions of people who do use the services on their Samsung Televisions . So in a way it's convenient to have them preloaded for many consumers. Who don't have a lot of experience with technology. They just want conevenience, they don't care how it works, but just want it.

I'm not saying that I agree to the practice by any means. But simply explaining the behind-the-scenes things that happen in the business world.

Of course the same principal applies to your Samsung Galaxy Phone's, Computers, and other computing devices as well.

I hope that I have given some insights as to why they do this. Certainly feel free to disagree with me. But I did want to add some insight as to why. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your feedback. Thank you!
LED and OLED TVs
It's a rather insulting assumption that we are unaware of what bloatware is or why it exists.

I'm absolutely drawing the line at TikTok.
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I wasn't making any assumption that you didn't know what it is. I was merely stating what the practice of corporations. Pre-loading of Applications on our devices is. The behind-the-scenes! There are millions of people who potentially could read this post.

Just being informative! No intention of any slant, or insult towards anyone. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your comment. Thank you!
0 Likes