Original topic:

Xbox Series X Random Signal Dropout with S95C

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
GreenHawk84
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello,

This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED.  Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in the middle of a game. 

This also happened while playing Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War.  This only happens during a game (so far), not when navigating the Series X dashboard.  It could be a compatibility issue with Xbox Series X and Samsung S95C.

This is a brief total loss of both Audio and Video, since my Yamaha receiver flashes, which tells me the signal disappears briefly.  I am using eARC sound on the S95C, so the Yamaha is only getting audio information.  The Xbox Series X is directly connected to the S95C via the stock HDMI cable that it came with.

I notice this does not happen right away when starting a game, but later on during the session. VRR and Game Mode are enabled and working according to the S95C Game Mode menu.  120hz is used on the Series X.  This does not happen with Nintendo Switch or Playstation 5.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with your TV screen going black in the middle of the game. I would recommend to first try turning of VRR and game mode to see if this fixes the issue. Since this is only occurring on the Xbox then this could be a setting within the Xbox itself. I would recommend looking at the display options to see or asking around on Xbox support forum for more information.

View solution in context

2 Replies
usercF8Q3UIPYM
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I had a similar experience last night playing EAFC 24 on my PS5 and S95C. Only happened once though. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with your TV screen going black in the middle of the game. I would recommend to first try turning of VRR and game mode to see if this fixes the issue. Since this is only occurring on the Xbox then this could be a setting within the Xbox itself. I would recommend looking at the display options to see or asking around on Xbox support forum for more information.