Original topic:

smart TV cycling on and off

(Topic created: 09-17-2024 10:14 AM)
hightster
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have a Samsung Smart TV model UN75NU800DF just over 5 years old. It now cycles on and off every 20 seconds or so. I've taken the back cover off and now see that it will stay on when I disconnect the ribbon going to either the left of right side of the screen. I've examined both main boards on both sides and can not see any obvious issues with components, (i.e. swelling of capacitors.) I am by no means a TV technician but it occurs to me that perhaps a component on one of the two main boards can't provide enough power for both sides of the screen any more. The boards are hard to come by it seems... Even Samsung does not appear to have them.

Any suggestions on how to proceed in determining what is wrong short of buying the boards and seeing if that fixes the issue?

0 Likes
1 Reply
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@hightster

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd like to be of assistance to you with your question. I'll suggest a few potential solutions for you to try.

Samsung Product Support Website:

"How to Discharge or Cold Boot Your Samsung Television"

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062957/

1. Unplug the TV from the power source.
2. ***Wait for at least 60 seconds to discharge any residual power.***
3. Plug the TV back into the power source.
4. Disconnect all Devices & Cables from your Samsung Television IE: USB, HDMI, Digital Optical Output, Mouse, & Keyboard
5. Attempt to turn on the TV using the remote or the physical power button.
6. If your Samsung Television is plugged into a Power Strip or Surge Protector. (Test and ensure that the Power Strip or Surge Protector is Functioning Properly)

If these steps don't resolve the issue with your Samsung Television. I will provide additional information on how to seek Support for your Samsung Television here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Samsung Support Website (75" Premium UHD 4K Smart TV NU8000 Series

75" Premium UHD 4K Smart TV NU8000 Series 8 | Samsung Support CA

It also sounds like the issue you are experiencing cannot be resolved without Samsung Factory Service or Service through a Samsung Certified Service Center. Being as you stated that the television is over five years old. It may be cost prohibitive to have it repaired. Certainly, it is at your discretion on whether you wish to repair or replace the unit.

Or if you prefer you can also send a private message with your full model and Serial Number and the Information to a Samsung Moderator. @Samsung_Moderator 

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Samsung Customer Support is here to assist you. Thank you!