cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2020 Odyssey G9 G-sync not working at 240Hz

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fast-sync is indeed an option, but I hope they fix ASAP 240Hz G-Sync ON issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea this issue isn't solved. I can finally change display settings to 240Hz but G-Sync is flickering and even turning off my monitor on all my games. Turning G-Sync off is the current workaround, but this issue is not resolved.

Have already tried uninstalling NVIDIA drivers with DDU and reinstalling everything.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

new firware coming, fixes everything 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem on an Asus 3080 TUF, impossible to have a display at 240Hz. Samsung does not seem in a hurry to communicate about this problem. For a computer screen at 1500 euros, the pill is difficult to swallow.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Guys have same Problem with 3080 too. I tried everything und all driver. Finally i found this.

PLs share and it works fine.

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 456.98

it works fine. It is not Samsung Problem, it is Nvidia...bz the 2000 serie have Display Stream Compression (DSC), 3080  still not.

Hope can help

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone here use multiple monitors?  I just found out that one video card can only push out so many pixels.  On my 4 monitors setup, I have to reduce this monitor to 120hz for the other 3 to connect.  Otherwise, nVidia panel asked me to choose which 3 monitors to connect.  And because so much bandwidth was used, some monitors might flicker and go dark if the cable isn't at 100%.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend having our specialized team take a look at this. Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the G97T model manufactured in Aug 2020!!! and i can report it continues to have the same issue with gsync not being functional at 240hz. This means if you want to game at 240hz then you need to turn off adaptive sync and miss out on any nvidia feature like RTX Smiley Sad  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah this info is not accurate at all, I dont think you know what adaptive sync is, it just prevents you from having screen tearing. Adaptive sync has nothing to do with Ray Tracing, and with adaptive sync turned off you will recieve full features of the monitor but occasional screen tearing. Please dont post things like this in the future.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q90r 1371.0 update - Gsync turns on, still totally broken.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a heads up for anyone else in this community who's still hoping to get G-Sync to work with their less than 1 year old TV. I update my TV this AM, and did some testing with my RTX 3090. I've noticed two things:

• With Freesync premium turned on the TV reports Freesync is on but everything on the display is grabled and corrupted. 
  • With normal Freesync, the desktop displays fine and TV  reports Freesync but the Nvidia pendulum demo goes nuts when you run it. It'll flicker as it did before, then show a shifted image like old analog TV's when the h-sync was out of whack. It eventually stablizes but there's tons of tearing so it's not actually working.

I guess you can call that progress, but not really. I will do more testing today, outside of PC mode and report back.

On a side note, I've never seen more worthless release notes for software than Samsungs. It provices 0 specifics.