JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2020 Odyssey G9 G-sync not working at 240Hz

(Topic created: 11-15-2020 06:13 AM)
userT75QL6My1k
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung Advertises the 2020 Odyssey G9 (LC49G95TSSNXZA) as G-sync compatible but it is only working with G-sync on 120Hz, not on 240 Hz.

I have a RTX 2080 ti, Monitor running firmware 1005.4 (latest), connected with included DP cable and Nvidia driver 452.06.

Nvidia claims to support G-sync up to 240 hz on Driver 452.06 or newer - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

The monitor only works with G-sync in the 120 hz mode. In the 240Hz mode, G-sync is selectable but it's not actually functioning in game or the pendulum demo as tested by the Nvidia G-syn indicator or the monitor's OSD reported refresh rate (stays locked at 240Hz)

Samsung, is there a fix coming for this?? Otherwise the monitor shouldn't be advertised as G-sync compatible, let alone have the label on the product and the box...

userwaSZxUxqNF
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is not working, chain black screen mode, unless changed down to 120 hz, @samsung978531  can we

please

get a working driver?

userGaZOxqtpna
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hotfix still doesnt allow gsync and adaptive sync to be on. Even with these off my screen has a split down the middle of difference in colour when running 240hz (using i9 and 3080)

0 Likes
user0HT5xfJhuV
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I tried the hotfix but it stil has issues. It flickers non stop and causes some of my games to crash. Not really the best mid competitive game. Did you encounter anything similar?

0 Likes
user14oRCA3RQ8
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you playing with controller wireless than it will not work past 120 plug it in and boom mine got fixed it even gave me more fps for some reason its crazy

0 Likes
user14oRCA3RQ8
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Disable VRR its broken frame skipping, turn it off flickering is not too bad but its there we need another update 

0 Likes
jpouza
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Fast-sync is indeed an option, but I hope they fix ASAP 240Hz G-Sync ON issue.

0 Likes
userAOSGFQFG6U
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yea this issue isn't solved. I can finally change display settings to 240Hz but G-Sync is flickering and even turning off my monitor on all my games. Turning G-Sync off is the current workaround, but this issue is not resolved.

Have already tried uninstalling NVIDIA drivers with DDU and reinstalling everything.

user4XCRMEKClc
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

new firware coming, fixes everything 

0 Likes
brolysan
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

same problem on an Asus 3080 TUF, impossible to have a display at 240Hz. Samsung does not seem in a hurry to communicate about this problem. For a computer screen at 1500 euros, the pill is difficult to swallow.

0 Likes
userEvAStOloMR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Guys have same Problem with 3080 too. I tried everything und all driver. Finally i found this.

PLs share and it works fine.

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 456.98

it works fine. It is not Samsung Problem, it is Nvidia...bz the 2000 serie have Display Stream Compression (DSC), 3080  still not.

Hope can help

0 Likes