JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2020 Odyssey G9 G-sync not working at 240Hz

(Topic created: 11-18-2020 06:42 PM)
userT75QL6My1k
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung Advertises the 2020 Odyssey G9 (LC49G95TSSNXZA) as G-sync compatible but it is only working with G-sync on 120Hz, not on 240 Hz.

I have a RTX 2080 ti, Monitor running firmware 1005.4 (latest), connected with included DP cable and Nvidia driver 452.06.

Nvidia claims to support G-sync up to 240 hz on Driver 452.06 or newer - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

The monitor only works with G-sync in the 120 hz mode. In the 240Hz mode, G-sync is selectable but it's not actually functioning in game or the pendulum demo as tested by the Nvidia G-syn indicator or the monitor's OSD reported refresh rate (stays locked at 240Hz)

Samsung, is there a fix coming for this?? Otherwise the monitor shouldn't be advertised as G-sync compatible, let alone have the label on the product and the box...

46 Replies
user79LSekxAUw
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I tried this just now and it works!  240hz with GSYNC! It is an exe which is wierd, and Windows 10 is very suspicious of it, but it just extracts the file M-T9549GGAA-1008.1[205C].img, put that on your usb drive, plug into the service port and update!  This must be the latest release from Samsung Korea, but the menus on the monitor are still in English.  Thank you for sharing!  

-Please mark this post as the real solution.

acplayer
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Which Nvidia driver are you on?  I have this firmware and the latest Nvidia driver and I get constant flickers in all my games with these settings.

0 Likes
userJsdj3CvbFY
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I updated the firmware on my monitor and I'm using the Nvidia hotfix driver with a 2070 card, but it's still flickering when set to 240hz.  This is really disappointing for a monitor I otherwise really like.  This issue needs fixed asap!

0 Likes
CarlosLuisX
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, I tried this solution and I have updated to the version of firmware using the file M-T9549GGAA-1008.1[205C].img and it is still not working at 5120x1440@240Hz. I am using my new Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT. My previous one Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT was working fine at 5120x1440@240Hz. My GPU drivers are updated to the latest version 20.12.2 which says that fix this issue for this monitor (Notes below). 

I am still thinking that my GPU is very recent and some fixes are still required by AMD.

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.12.2 Highlights

Support For

• Cooler Master RGB LED utility for AMD Radeon™ RX 6800XT and RX 6900XT cards.

Known Issues

• Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics products.
  • The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120x1440@240hz.
0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I have the same problem with Samsung G7 32" 240hz monitor. When activating Adaptive Sync in monitor settings 240 Hz not working. So what I can understand G-SYNC does not work with 240 Hz. I have updated the monitor to M-TG700CCAA-1009.3 but it does not work still. 

I have RTX 3080.

Any ideas??

0 Likes
user2TE2DRwan8
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I'm trying to update my firmware and I just can't get it to work. I can't find my problem anywhere online. The monitor finds the usb drive with the firmware and it gets to one percent and stops and then restarts. It refuses to update. It does the same thing every time. The only file on the usb drive is the update file. The usb is fat32. Currently I am on firmware 1005.4. Any help would be great. Thank you.

0 Likes
user14oRCA3RQ8
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you using Xbox controler, I fix mine by plugging it in directly input from wireless controller doesn't go with gsync after plugging in my controller now gsync works past 120hertz hopefully it works for you too

0 Likes