JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

G5 odyssey red stuck pixel in the center of the screen.

(Topic created: 07-31-2023 07:20 AM)
7awsa
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have just bought the monitor  2 weeks ago and I noticed yesterday a red small pixel. First, I thought it was dust or something but when I focused its color is red.

I did some research and its called dead/stuck pixel. I tried running the ps4 on the monitor because I thought maybe it's my graphics card that is causing the issue, but It was still there. I'm so annoyed and frustrated I can't not notice this minute red dot in the center of the screen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your monitor having this issue. As this seems like it is occurring on all sources and not just with your GPU, you do have a couple of options. As you did just recently purchase the monitor you can take it back for an exchange/return depending on the company's exchange/return policy. If you are out of that period you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and the information below to get set up for service. Or if you prefer you can also call us directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 with the same information. 

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your monitor having this issue. As this seems like it is occurring on all sources and not just with your GPU, you do have a couple of options. As you did just recently purchase the monitor you can take it back for an exchange/return depending on the company's exchange/return policy. If you are out of that period you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and the information below to get set up for service. Or if you prefer you can also call us directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 with the same information. 

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

0 Likes
7awsa
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I literally cannot believe this is happening I posted three days ago that I had a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, anyways I went to the retail store that I bought the monitor from to exchange my monitor because I was still in my 14 days return period, so here we are opening a second monitor and there was a dead pixel so we put both monitors at the side and the guy at the retail store brought a third one and he opened it and this time there was two dead pixels at the side ( one was dead and the other one was dimmed), so yes he brought a fourth one and it was okay there was no dead pixels so I took it and went home(we were checking the screen with the self-diagnose green screen in the monitor settings), when I setup the monitor at home, I opened the pc the image is so yellowish and also I noticed very obvious background bleed at the bottom left corner of the screen. this product is garbage, I lost my trust in Samsung I can't believe I just have witnessed 4 broken monitors in a row.photo_2023-08-03_21-37-39.jpgphoto_2023-08-03_21-37-36.jpg

0 Likes