Original topic:

G95SC (G9 OLED) black screen issue on firmware 1310.0

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 12:35 AM)
kk123
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a multi-device setup: 1. DisplayPort connected to a MacBook  2. HDMI1 connected to a windows PC 3. Not using any USB port.

The screen turns black suddenly for a few seconds then comes back. It happens exactly when the DisplayPort-connected MacBook goes into sleep and stops video output, while I'm using the HDMI1-connected PC.

I've had this setup for a few months, and this issue started right after upgrading to firmware 1310.0.

FWIW "Auto Source Switch+" is set to OFF so it should be irrelevant (worst input-auto-switch design ever, counterintuitive and different from all other monitors I've had, but that's a separate problem).

5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying a factory reset on the Monitor to see if that helps the issue. I would also recommend checking any settings in the MacBook to make sure that none turns off the screen while it's asleep. Please let me know if this helped! 

0 Likes
ge0rge
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
My screen is blackscr
0 Likes
kk123
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've tried that and also found others experiencing similar issues.

Is this the right channel to report firmware issues and ask for fixes? For a model this new, not having any system updates for ~5 months is unacceptable.

0 Likes
kk123
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just updated to ver 1402.6 and this is still not fixed.

0 Likes
userZDLEH1Cnva
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having this same issue. It doesn't happen for weeks and then will all of a sudden happen multiple times in one evening. I notice that Windows 11 keeps reverting the driver back to the Microsoft generic display driver, even when I have the Samsung specific driver from the website installed. I am wondering if this could be related to windows updates (even though it is not showing a driver update available as an optional update). 

0 Likes