Original topic:

LC49HG90DM LXZS power-up glitch

(Topic created: 09-14-2022 01:59 PM)
Marcelo Ibarra
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,
My LC49HG90DMLXZS is unusable. At power up it shows a black screen and then vertical colored lines (photo attached). The fault manifests itself even with no video input connected to the monitor.

The installed firmware is m-HG949CCAA-1021.0 downloaded from:

https://www.samsung.com/mx/support/model/LC49HG90DMLXZX/

Please guide me how to solve my problem

Greetings, Marcelo

C49HG90DMLXZS_power_up _glitch.jpg

6 Replies
Options
Monitors and Memory
Did this happen immediately after a driver update? If so then try an older driver. If this just popped up out of nowhere, I fear you may have a hardware issue.
If you try to bring up the on screen menu built into the monitor how does it look?
0 Likes
Marcelo Ibarra
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Indeed, the problem was generated after installing the new firmware.
I can't go back to a previous version because the  screen menu built into the monitor is not visible.
I have two identical monitors. I updated the firmware on both and only one has the problem (photo).

C49HG90DMLXZS_power_up _glitch_2.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory
Is use of the on screen menu required to do the roll back?
0 Likes
Marcelo Ibarra
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can't roll back because the  screen menu is not visible.

0 Likes
AzulCz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you ever get to solve this issue? I have a similar model LC49HG90DMLXZX and the same issue happened out of nowhere, i didn't upgrade the firmware or anything it just happened.

Sometimes i have to wait 15 minutes (or upto 40 minutes if i'm using the DisplayPort) in order for the screen to "clear" itself and see the content again.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your monitor having this display issue. Since this is occurring I would recommend making sure if possible that the firmware is up to date. If that does not help then this will require service. You will have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes