JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

M7 MONITOR SO FAR NOT WORTH A PENNY

(Topic created: 10-02-2023 02:17 AM)
NOTSOSMARTMONITOR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
So I bought an M7 Monitor and runs slow on tye web and pretty sure USB C doesn't work. Function Not Available seems to be its favorite thing to say on the web. I was also terribly wrong when I thought this was better than spending money on an actual PC with a tower cause it doesn't do alot of things. Had support thru text and got nowhere and neither did i get further assistance the next day as promised 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

The M7 receives it's data, video, and audio from a PC, notebook, or phone along with their associated apps through the Type C Source port and HDMI. The Type A USB ports are usable when the Type C is connected to a Source unit.

It is definitely not a stand alone device.

Reading the User Manual and device Specifications is helpful.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

The M7 receives it's data, video, and audio from a PC, notebook, or phone along with their associated apps through the Type C Source port and HDMI. The Type A USB ports are usable when the Type C is connected to a Source unit.

It is definitely not a stand alone device.

Reading the User Manual and device Specifications is helpful.

NOTSOSMARTMONITOR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Thank you it makes alot of sense now. Like on its own it still does a pretty good job for it not having a tower just wish it had the option to hook up to ethernet and expand ram and memory somehow and it would probabkly operate faster on its own. For gaming i believe its a big upgrade from a huge TV and its a pretty good TV itself. I guess i was just confused between a Smart Monitor and a All In One but still better than a portable Monitor. Thank you definetely needed that cleared out. Any suggestions on making my experience with it better or at least connecting a USB hub and one of the compatible webcams as it didnt come with a SlimFit Camera?
0 Likes
Shawney22
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I bought the M8 and thought exactly as you do. I'm wishing there was a way to add to it to make it faster. I'm wondering if connecting to my phone or ideally a laptop would increase the speed. I've used Dex some but not a lot. It is a beautiful monitor but not a substitute for a PC as I had hoped as well.
0 Likes
NOTSOSMARTMONITOR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Try buying a USB Hub with an ethernet port but USB not USB C cause that port is useless only for connecting to a laptop. Not sure if itll work tho and something funny and crazy if you switch your external drive settings i believe to USB C itll run faster like the refresh rate is faster but you cant use the usb ports lol
0 Likes
Shawney22
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I bought a USB-C hub to connect all my other devices like chargers but never considered eternet. Il
0 Likes
Shawney22
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I just wanted to do basic things like check my email and maybe utilize office 365. Patience is the key word when using a smart monitor.
0 Likes
NOTSOSMARTMONITOR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Right lol
0 Likes