Original topic:

Monitor 60 second display to turn off while playing a game

(Topic created: Thursday)
Shamanji
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello I bought a Samsung odyssey g8 neo qled 4k 240 hz 2 weeks ago and its amazing but last might a pop up message at the bottom center where the panel also pop up when you setting the monitor setting is popping up.

It popped up when I was gaming and it still displayed the game a message that the monitor would turn off  in 60 seconds and I could cancel it if I pressed the button underneath the screen and did that. And everything was god after that.

My question is why and what could make the monitor do that?

I have reseated all the cables, i'm using a supra 8k display port cable very high quality.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Shamanji
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the latest firmware / software installed for the monitor  and my graphics card is a sapphire radeon rx 7900 xtx nitro+ oc 24gb

0 Likes
Patrickmi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It sounds like you're experiencing an auto-power off feature on your Samsung Odyssey G8 Neo QLED. This could be due to the monitor detecting inactivity or a setting that prompts it to power down to save energy. Here are a few things you can check:

1. Power Settings: Check the monitorā€™s settings for any auto-power off or eco mode options and adjust them.
  2. Firmware Update: Ensure your monitor's firmware is up to date.
  3. Connection: Make sure all cables are securely connected and in good condition.

If the issue persists, contacting Samsung support might be the best course of action.
Click for more

0 Likes
Shamanji
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok, you couƦd be right.

My monitor is pn the latest firmware.

All cables was reseated and didnt feel like they werent fully seated.

I will check for that eco setting but i have changed 120 hz to 240 hz and it to cinema mode every other setting is set to factory.

But ill check that eco altho nothing crashed game still ran and displayd fine šŸ˜€

0 Likes
Shamanji
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

As you can see the exo setting if not on its set to off so i don't know what could have happened

20240627_190031.jpg

0 Likes