JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Neo G7 43" and Bose Companion 5 Desktop Speakers

(Topic created: 03-26-2023 12:00 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

So the Bose Companion 5 is a USB-connected PC speaker system.  There are no special drivers needed to make them work.  It's plug and play.  If I plug it into the monitor, UI sounds come through the speakers but no other audio will.  I would've thought any audio coming through the monitor's speakers should be coming through the Bose speakers?

3 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

You should consult your monitor's user manual for usable audio modes.

There is no guarantee the speakers will perform like  you  think they should when connected to the monitor.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes, the manual doesn't list USB as a sound output, though I believe it could be added through a firmware update.  If some of the system audio can make it through the USB ports, all of the audio can.  We just need Samsung to make it so.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I could see how this may be useful. Unfortunately, our monitors will not have this feature. Most monitors have a feature where audio will work by using a 3.5 mm headphone jack but not through USB. That is not a common feature. The plug-in-play for the speakers works when plugging into the pc itself as it will auto-download the necessary drivers. 

0 Likes