JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
DinDjarin
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Monitor is brand new, has the latest firmware, video drivers, PC is fresh build with RTX 4070 Super, Problem I have is at times the screen goes black for about 4-5 seconds and comes back on, I love this monitor but for this price it shouldn't be doing this, anyone got an idea? Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Exactly what are you doing when the screen blanks?   Alt tabbing,  switching between programs/apps??

DinDjarin
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Sometimes nothing, other times just browsing online, makes no sense to me.

0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Monitors and Memory
Well connected, I assume.
Your resolution and display settings are calibrated and configured? Plugged into the correct hdmi port?
DinDjarin
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Everything set as it should be, new HDMI cable, Basically a new PC. Resolution at 5140x1440.

0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Monitors and Memory
So my only idea is to go to Nvidia settings by right clicking on the desktop. Find and see if you can set the resolution AND refresh rate to match the screens resolution and refresh rate. Not the windows display setting, but the ones from the graphics card.
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Personally I would return it and buy a different brand. 

I don't suffer aggravating devices in my home.

0 Likes
Solution
DinDjarin
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Apparently my "new" HDMI cable was junk, Decided to get another cable to try and bought a Rocketfish 8K HDMI cable, plugged it in and have been 48 hours without a single glitch, guess getting a no name 8K cable wasn't worth the money I saved, lesson learned, appreciate the input.

JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Monitors and Memory
Getting no name electronics/electronic accessories is always a risk! Sometimes they'll catch fire because of the poor quality!
Glad it got resolved!