Original topic:

Odyssey G5 No Power (Won’t Turn On)

(Topic created: 09-01-2022 09:47 PM)
alex14
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

So I’ve had my monitor for about 4 months, used lighly. Today I bought a new desk that I wanted to put on the other side of the room. I unplugged my Samsung Odyssey G5 and set it up again in it’s new home, except when I went to turn it on, nothing happened. No light, no indication it was recieving power whatsoever. I have plugged it into every wall port possible, I am 100% certain the wall is not the issue. I inspected the power cable and it is free of visible damage. All connections were quadruple checked. Yet nothing. Is there a simple fix to this that I’m missing or is this a case of faulty hardware? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you plug something else into the wall socket to insure it  has power?

In the event the wall socket has power you need to check the Samsung power supply for proper output using a volt meter.

Did you buy the monitor locally?  If so take it back to the store and let them check it.

Know any compter geeks that can help you?

Do a Google search for monitor troubleshooting.  Be daring and learn something new!

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you plug something else into the wall socket to insure it  has power?

In the event the wall socket has power you need to check the Samsung power supply for proper output using a volt meter.

Did you buy the monitor locally?  If so take it back to the store and let them check it.

Know any compter geeks that can help you?

Do a Google search for monitor troubleshooting.  Be daring and learn something new!