JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G9 Neo 57" - screen randomly goes black for 3 sec and then comes back

(Topic created: 11-14-2023 08:07 AM)
GPSkinzhut
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've had this display for roughly 2 weeks.  Since day one, it's had an issue where the display will randomly go black for 3 seconds and come back up.  It may or may not repeat a number of times.  

Currently on a 48Gbps HDMI cable via an Asus TUF 4090 on a Windows 11 platform.   I'm running a triple display setup (2 x 32" displays along with this one).  But it has presented this issue with no other displays present.  Sometimes it will do it a number of times, other times I can be gaming for several hours with no reoccurrence.  

Have an open case with Samsung, who's first advice was to do a reset of the display settings (done).  No change in condition.  

HDR is disabled in Windows 11, Gsync is disabled in Nvidia control panel, auto source is disabled, and I've updated firmware to reversion 1003.  I'm out of ideas at this point and debating returning it to BestBuy since this can be pretty frustrating.  Thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GPSkinzhut
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Think putting it on a UPS sorted it.  2 days and hasn't happened since.

Looks like I'll have to invest in a bigger UPS to support my entire rig.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory
@GPSkinzhut Would you happen to have another HDMI Cable you can try? How about switching the HDMI port your plugging it into? I know these suggestions seem obvious in some cases. But have you tried that?

Also please check that you have Input Signal Plus turned ON for your HDMI inputs
0 Likes
GPSkinzhut
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Anonymous I'm on my 3rd HDMI cable at this point but I'll try an alternate port and see what we get.

With regard to Input Signal Plus, as far as I know that's not an option on this monitor.

I'll also try putting the display on a UPS by itself to see if it makes any difference.

0 Likes
Solution
GPSkinzhut
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Think putting it on a UPS sorted it.  2 days and hasn't happened since.

Looks like I'll have to invest in a bigger UPS to support my entire rig.  

0 Likes