JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G9 will not wake up

(Topic created: 10-14-2020 08:01 PM)
usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having an issue with my new Odyssey G9 in that after the monitor goes to sleep, it doesn't wake back up.   Windows thinks the monitor is there and shows it in the list of displays.   Pressing Win + Shift + Ctrl + b does fliker the screens, but the monitor does not wake up.

It does not appear to be a windows issue because if Windows goes to sleep before the monitor does, then everything comes back.   Only after the monitor times out and goes into power save does this problem surface.

The only way I have been able for it to show back up is disconnect the cable or turn the monitor off and then on again.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

MSI GS65 Stealth

nVidia RTX 2080

Windows 10 v10.0.19041

Connected via DP

38 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userR57pEd40WJ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is not a solution. I have been on hold for 90+ minutes and no one is answering. Just received the G9 today and initially had a create experience connecting but after going to sleep it will not come back on. Software/Firm M-T9549GGAA-1007.1.  Please reopen issue.

userjQaQRMBXbX
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey I got the 49" Odyssey G9. Windows 10, GTX 1080.

Very similar issue. If the computer goes to sleep, when it wakes up the screen will very very briefly flash with content and then shuts off. To get it back I have to unplug and replug the DP cable and then it comes back instantly. Updated to newest firmware and no improvement

usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased another G9.   One was manufactured in June and the other was in July.   The one with the July manufacture date does not have this problem.  I tested it this weekend and it seems to always wake up properly.    The software version of the June montior was 1003.0 and the July was 1004.0.

I have not yet updated the June G9 with the latest software, but was about to try that.

When was yours manufactured?    The manufacture date info is on the back behind the cable cover with the serial number.

user22OezHnjG4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have this same exact issue. I got a replacement for my monitor this past week because of light bleed on a previous one. My previous monitor had this issue. My new one also does not detect a signal when the computer wakes up. I too have to unplug and then plug in the DP cable for the display to come back. 

Have updated firmware and Nvidia drivers.

usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

What is the manufacturing month of your monitor?

0 Likes
user22OezHnjG4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

AUG 2020, previous one was JUL

0 Likes
usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well, that shoots that theory!   Smiley Sad

I don't know how to decipher the serial number to know if maybe it was a specific manufacturing location or what.  What is your software version?

Perhaps @MrLarry  could chime in here and see if there is an answer to this?

My concern is that if I send this one back, will I just get another one with this same problem  (or worse!??!).

0 Likes
user22OezHnjG4
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok so I went ahead and reset the monitor to default settings and it worked. So to troubleshoot I put the Picture back on Dynamic Contrast which was my previous selection and put the computer back to sleep. Had the same issue, with the monitor not detecting the display. Unplugged the DP and replugged it in and it came back. Reset the monitor to the default Custom picture and have had no issues. 

There seems to be some problem with the monitor coming back to my DP input when the Picture setting is Dynamic Contrast (I have not gone through any of the other Picture settings yet to test). 

OP should give this a try to see if it works for him/her.

My software version is: 1006.2