JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Really bad scan lines using g70b with ps5

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Mjkg7
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I’m getting really bad scan lines with this monitor and ps5 I’ve been through all settings trying to get rid starting to think it’s a problem with hardware?

that and the monitor seems sluggish and dim. from using a 2.0 hdmi msi monitor the performance is worse 🤪

turn off all energy saving options have brightness on full same as contrast.. 

blurry image and laggy performance I can’t seem to get a decent picture, 

I’ve got a brand new certified 2.1 cable for the 40 odd bandwidth,

pictures not clear what so ever hmm ?🤔 

and when ever I do a smart calibration once done the black light only works on half the screen? 

each time I do it.. I have to turn off the monitor and hope the backlight comes back and reverts back.. and it does but it really don’t like the smart feature at all.

and it stopped testing 4k video in self care only shows a image now to test not a video.. 

the ps5 sometimes thinks it’s a 2.0 signal being received ?

I’ve just got this monitor and really don’t want to send it back and how throught all the hassle.. 

could and engineer remote look at this and set up the monitor for me or have a look at what Firmware is bugged on it.. or flash restore the thing for me ? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! It seems from what you are saying that it may be screen tearing happening if this is the case please make sure the g sync is turned on, on the monitor. And make sure to turn on VRR on your PS5. If this does not fix the issue then a return/exchange would be recommended.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! It seems from what you are saying that it may be screen tearing happening if this is the case please make sure the g sync is turned on, on the monitor. And make sure to turn on VRR on your PS5. If this does not fix the issue then a return/exchange would be recommended.