JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote control issue with dual M5 27" monitor setup

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 08:21 AM)
userlnEkNlYxGy
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I recently purchased two M5 27" monitors to setup my dual monitors workstation at home.  Each of the remote was paired via bluetooth (I think they are bluetooth) and they do not interfere with each other in majority of the functions which is perfect, except the Power button.  And this would give me a big headache if one of the monitor is off because everytime when I pressed the Power button it would turn one off and turn on the other.  My workaround would be using the physical function button on the bottom of the monitor to bring up the on-screen function to turn off/on the other monitor.  Just wondering if anyone has better solution than this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userO55hLJWRKB
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Having same issue. here is what worked for me

1. unplug power from both monitors and remove batteries from both remotes
  2. plug in power to monitor 1 and insert batteries on remote1 and let it pair and function properly
  3. Put away remote1 in a different room as far as you can outside of bluetooth range without removing batteries
  4. Unplug power to monitor1, plug in power to monitor2 and insert batteries in remote2 and let them pair and verify operation
  5. Now that 2 remotes work with their respective monitors, bring back remote 1 to the same room and quickly plug in power to monitor 1. Both remotes should work with their respective monitors smoothly

hope this helps. Tip: You can force the remotes to pair by pressing and holding back+pause/play button for 3secs

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
userO55hLJWRKB
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Having same issue. here is what worked for me

1. unplug power from both monitors and remove batteries from both remotes
  2. plug in power to monitor 1 and insert batteries on remote1 and let it pair and function properly
  3. Put away remote1 in a different room as far as you can outside of bluetooth range without removing batteries
  4. Unplug power to monitor1, plug in power to monitor2 and insert batteries in remote2 and let them pair and verify operation
  5. Now that 2 remotes work with their respective monitors, bring back remote 1 to the same room and quickly plug in power to monitor 1. Both remotes should work with their respective monitors smoothly

hope this helps. Tip: You can force the remotes to pair by pressing and holding back+pause/play button for 3secs

userlnEkNlYxGy
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Brilliant idea!
0 Likes