JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung G9 Neo - Windows 11 HDR flickers off and on every few hours

(Topic created: 01-04-2023 06:25 AM)
Pha1n0
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Please help! I'm looking for a solution to this annoying problem. 

While using the monitor on a windows 11 machine - I9 13900k + RTX 4090 - Brand new machine - new cables - power is put through power conditioners and battery backups, the screen will flicker HDR off and on - several times during web browsing, gaming, or whatever... 

I can't imagine it's my machine. 

Graphics drivers are updated. Windows is up to date, everything is new. 

The monitor is a year old and on the latest firmware 1011.0

Any solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange with the HDR flicking like that. I would recommend making sure that your GPU drivers are up to date. As I know that some PC enthusiasts always like to upgrade to a new GPU whenever possible I would recommend trying an older GPU if you can and see if this issue still occurs. 

Also, you can try the other ports on the back of the 4090, and try either HDMI or DP cable, whichever one you are using I now I would recommend trying the other one. 

The last thing I would try would be to make sure in the Nvidia control panel to have HDR turned off and you can just enable it while playing a game that supports the Feature. 

If none of this helps the last step would be service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Pha1n0
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Any help from Samsung at all?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange with the HDR flicking like that. I would recommend making sure that your GPU drivers are up to date. As I know that some PC enthusiasts always like to upgrade to a new GPU whenever possible I would recommend trying an older GPU if you can and see if this issue still occurs. 

Also, you can try the other ports on the back of the 4090, and try either HDMI or DP cable, whichever one you are using I now I would recommend trying the other one. 

The last thing I would try would be to make sure in the Nvidia control panel to have HDR turned off and you can just enable it while playing a game that supports the Feature. 

If none of this helps the last step would be service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes