JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G5 '32 165hz LS32AG500PNXZA Random Black Screens and white horizontal lines

(Topic created: 12-28-2023 12:07 PM)
Members_P7WOLoR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I recently picked up this monitor from a best buy and have been having issues with white lines popping up and the screen going black for a second or two and the display notification showing the video input I'm using.  These happen randomly around 2 times an hour.

I have the monitor plugged in using DisplayPort through an XFX AMD RX 7900 XTX graphics card. I tried multiple DisplayPort cables, but I still get the same issue.  This is both during gameplay and general use. I normally use multiple displays, but the problem also happens with just the Odyssey G5 connected to my PC. I also did try all the DisplayPort ports on my GPU.

Something I did to stop the black outs is to decrease the refresh rate to 144hz through windows or create a custom resolution with 160hz through AMDs Adrenalin graphics driver. It is a shame that I cannot use the full 165hz the monitor offers without issues.

I tried looking at the support page for this monitor model but there are no firmware updates available.

I'm wondering if there's any solution to this problem. If there is nothing, I might have to return this monitor back.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend reaching out to AMD's support as this could be an issue with the drivers from AMD. You can also try this will another source if possible to see if this still occurs. If this is occurring with everything this will require service. But as you did recently purchase the monitor an exchange/return would be recommended. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend reaching out to AMD's support as this could be an issue with the drivers from AMD. You can also try this will another source if possible to see if this still occurs. If this is occurring with everything this will require service. But as you did recently purchase the monitor an exchange/return would be recommended.