JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G8 G80SD 32 inch Intermittent Black Screen

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_K7lmbQ4
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've had this monitor for only a few short weeks and noticed a lot of issues.

First issue occurred where the Samsung G80SD would loose signal if a second monitor was attached to my 4090. (Fixed by uninstalling both monitor drivers than rebooting and reinstalling them.

New issue, Screen randomly flickers black on the Smart hub feature while watching youtube or on PS5, I've tried changing HDMi 2.1 cables, changing port and restarting PS5.

If I had to guess it's buggy software?? I've been reading a lot of people have this same issue.

0 Likes
2 Replies
KeyserShawzi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Sir, i too have this monitor, its now my second (replacement) which is actually going back today for a refund.

I had intermittent black screen events that occurred randomly during gaming, then all of a sudden, some pretty severe screen flickering started to happen, particularly when playing Alan Wake 2.

I do have a pretty high end machine...Tried updating software / drivers for both my NVIDIA 4090 and the monitor itself. no change.

tried tinkering with the settings of the monitor, no effect .

Tried changing the brand new supplied cables, no effect

what has helped is to make sure VRR control is activated, it helped a little with the flickering, but didn't eliminate it

I have just reached the point where i cannot be bothered trying to fix it anymore.

Such a shame as thing when it works is jaw dropping...not just from a screen perspective, but the visual aesthetics of the device..this thing looks truly premium.

0 Likes
Solution
Members_K7lmbQ4
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Seems to have stopped after moving HDMI port to the closest one to the display port.

Not sure if I had a bad HDMI port or what but it's been solid now.