JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G8 G80SD 32 inch Intermittent Black Screen

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userh7SUqvY42e
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am on my 2nd monitor this month. The first was returned and the 2nd one continues with the same problem. The screen will randomly go black completely then if I go to the settings screen it pulsates in brightness. I have it on video. It is as if it loses communication with the computer. If I disable game mode the screen comes back then I can restart game mode again. It also fixes when I remove and reinstall the DP cable. Speaking to tech support has been useless because they have no idea what the problem is. Also the phone kept disconnecting. I wish someone would get back to me to figure this out. I love the monitor but this is insane. I have found others having the same problem. As of yesterday I am trouble shooting on my own until this Tuesday. If I cannot get this resolved I am returning the second one before I lose that chance. I am running the Odyssey with a second monitor with 2 DP cables. Today I disconnected the 2nd monitor and used the HDMI cable and so far the screen hasn't blacked out. I really wish someone could figure this out. I have read others with the same issue on Reddit, anyone else?     

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
userh7SUqvY42e
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes it's going back. It's sad to see this. I don't know whether to buy one from a different manufacture of wait until the tech get better. All i want is a basic OLED monitor to be honest. Samsung went overboard with all the WIFI TV junk. Any thoughts on a more reliable High refresh rate 4K OLED 32 or 34 flat panel non curved monitor?

0 Likes
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Also if you look all the negative reviews online within the last year they all point out to

- Cracked Panels

- Black screen issues

It is very concerning