JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G8 G80SD 32 inch Intermittent Black Screen

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userh7SUqvY42e
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am on my 2nd monitor this month. The first was returned and the 2nd one continues with the same problem. The screen will randomly go black completely then if I go to the settings screen it pulsates in brightness. I have it on video. It is as if it loses communication with the computer. If I disable game mode the screen comes back then I can restart game mode again. It also fixes when I remove and reinstall the DP cable. Speaking to tech support has been useless because they have no idea what the problem is. Also the phone kept disconnecting. I wish someone would get back to me to figure this out. I love the monitor but this is insane. I have found others having the same problem. As of yesterday I am trouble shooting on my own until this Tuesday. If I cannot get this resolved I am returning the second one before I lose that chance. I am running the Odyssey with a second monitor with 2 DP cables. Today I disconnected the 2nd monitor and used the HDMI cable and so far the screen hasn't blacked out. I really wish someone could figure this out. I have read others with the same issue on Reddit, anyone else?     

11 Replies
userh7SUqvY42e
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes it's going back. It's sad to see this. I don't know whether to buy one from a different manufacture of wait until the tech get better. All i want is a basic OLED monitor to be honest. Samsung went overboard with all the WIFI TV junk. Any thoughts on a more reliable High refresh rate 4K OLED 32 or 34 flat panel non curved monitor?

0 Likes
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Also if you look all the negative reviews online within the last year they all point out to

- Cracked Panels

- Black screen issues

It is very concerning