Original topic:

Serious issues with new g80d

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userX7TR4zUx7J
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I bought 2 of these from best buy friday the 14th. For the whole day Saturday both screens kept displaying hundreds and squares in racing patterns across the screen regardless of the input signal hdmi/display port/wifi, I gave up and walked away. 

Sunday ( fathers day ) the squares were less frequent, but both screens kept cycling back to the home screen and shutting off. 

So far today there are no squares, and they are not cycling back to home on their own. However, now one screen keeps reverting to 1920x1080x60hz if it goes into sleep mode. and it will only work at 30hz in 4k. Looking through the property manager in windows ( fully patched with an nvidia rtx a2000 ), the screen is identifying itself as a g70b not a g80d.

The model codes on both screens come up as g80d.

Is anyone else running into these issues, or found a fix? I am guessing some people have since both my screens are problematic.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend to make sure that you are not trying to overclock the TV as most TV's if you try to go over specs can and will have issues such as this. I would recommend that if you are still having issues to get an exchange as you just recently purchased the TV's.

0 Likes
userX7TR4zUx7J
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
These are the new OLED 32" screens advertised specifically as multi-use moniters capable of up to 240hz if I recall the specs correctly. And I am just trying to use these screens with my laptop, which will only do 60hz. I have been trying lots of things and found that the problems move around with the cables, the sad part is that Samsung recommends you use only the cables that came with the screens, which is all I have. So now I have to go back to the Best Buy and start randomly buying cables hoping they fix the problem.
0 Likes