Original topic:

Keyboard keeps going away while typing

(Topic created: 02-21-2024 09:16 AM)
vader7071
Constellation
Options
Note20

Specs: Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - Verizon Wireless
Latest Software Update: N986USQS6HXA1 (System Update 46)

I did the Security Update 46 last night, and since then, every time I try to use my keyboard (default Samsung keyboard), I click in the area to type (like to text), and I get anywhere from 3 to 10 characters typed in, then the keyboard goes away. Sometimes it pops right back up, sometimes I have to re-tap in the text area to get it come back. I have tried this on multiple apps (Verizon Message+, LastPass, the Samsung email app, Samsung Calendar app, even trying to manually enter my PINs in).

I have tried rebooting the phone and it did not fix the issue.

How do I fix this?!?!?! Before I could send a simple text, now I end up sending 7 or 8 partials because the keyboard moves and I end up hitting send.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Note20
Try performing a wipe cache partition.
Power off device.
While the device is off, hold down the power button and the volume up button simultaneously. When you feel a vibration, let go of the buttons. You will now be in the bootloader, using volume up and down for scrolling, power button for OK, scroll down to Wipe cache partition, press OK, scroll to yes, OK.
Reboot now, OK.

This should work

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Note20
Try performing a wipe cache partition.
Power off device.
While the device is off, hold down the power button and the volume up button simultaneously. When you feel a vibration, let go of the buttons. You will now be in the bootloader, using volume up and down for scrolling, power button for OK, scroll down to Wipe cache partition, press OK, scroll to yes, OK.
Reboot now, OK.

This should work
vader7071
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'll try that now, thank you.

0 Likes
vader7071
Constellation
Options
Note20