JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A33 no mobile data after software update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Catcaty
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have an A33 and it was working fine. However, after the software update, I have not been able to access mobile data. I submitted an error report on 3/16, but I haven't heard back from Samsung.  
I tried everything that I could, including restarting the phone, taking out the sim cards, resetting the mobile network, changing the APN, clearing the partition cache, and even performing a factory reset. All do not help. Calling or Chatting online with Samsung did not helpful. They told me to trade-in a new phone, or going to a walk-in repair center.

Since the mobile data problem started after the software update, It is obviously something is wrong with the software update. Samsung representatives told me to contact my service provider. I reached out to them, of course. Here is what the finding of the investigation my service provider within 24 hours:

"we've identified that data connection was compromised after the Samsung update. The issue stems from an update that has applied your phone's CSC (Country Specific Code), restricting its connectivity to non-LTE technologies." 

What? I thought all cell phones work internationally as people travel globally. Samsung is the lead of the industry. Had I known that the Samsung update would cause the problem, I would not have bought a Samsung mobile phone.  Please kindly do something a fix the problem immediately!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html 

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html 

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes