Four questions about Samsung keyboard

(Topic created: 03-23-2024 12:04 AM)
Franco american
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

samsung galaxy a14 5g
samsung keyboard

question 1: when I tap the emoji symbol to add an emoji it goes to a very limited amount of suggested emojis. hoe do I make it bring up a list of all of the emojis?

question 2: I'm trying to change the dollar sign symbol to a comma on the keyboard. I tapped the dollar sign symbol in thelist of symbols at the top of the settings box but the comma symbol on the keyboard icon images below is grayed out and wonrvdi smything when I tap on it.

queariin 3v why didn't spell check correct the musspelled words "won't" and "anything" in the previous paragraph?

question 4v I just noticed that the microphone icon for voice to text has disappeared from the top toolbar on the keyboard and been replaced with sucfestwd words.. what happened to the microphone ickn and hiw do imame ut always be visible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Scroll right or left on the emoji screen to bring up more emojis.  They are arranged by categories.  After you find the category you want, scroll up to see the emojis in that category

If you want the microphone, tap on the 3 dots on the right of the keyboard toolbar and you will see a panel with additional command options (like the mic) You can then tap and hold and drag it up onto the bar so you always have it easily accessible, or just leave it where it is and tap it when you need it.

I think you can only change the symbols that are not greyed out.  Since the comma is already on the keyboard on the left side of the keyboard, you probably cannot change it.  I believe it's in that location on all keyboards for consistency.

As for spell check, I believe you have to set it to auto replace the incorrect words, otherwise it shows you suggestions (if you turned "suggest text corrections" on) that you have to tap on to replace.  I, personally, turned off the auto correct, since autocorrect usually gets it wrong and I just have to go back and correct it anyway.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Scroll right or left on the emoji screen to bring up more emojis.  They are arranged by categories.  After you find the category you want, scroll up to see the emojis in that category

If you want the microphone, tap on the 3 dots on the right of the keyboard toolbar and you will see a panel with additional command options (like the mic) You can then tap and hold and drag it up onto the bar so you always have it easily accessible, or just leave it where it is and tap it when you need it.

I think you can only change the symbols that are not greyed out.  Since the comma is already on the keyboard on the left side of the keyboard, you probably cannot change it.  I believe it's in that location on all keyboards for consistency.

As for spell check, I believe you have to set it to auto replace the incorrect words, otherwise it shows you suggestions (if you turned "suggest text corrections" on) that you have to tap on to replace.  I, personally, turned off the auto correct, since autocorrect usually gets it wrong and I just have to go back and correct it anyway.

Franco american
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the info. After using the Samsung keyboard for a few days I managed to get it dialed in the way I like it so all is good.

0 Likes