Original topic:

Galaxy SmartTag2 is unreliable

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 09:33 AM)
eliasgman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've had my Galaxy SmartTag2 for about 2 months and I've already had to replace the battery and delete and reprogram the tag. When it happened the first time, I was in my car with my phone next to the Tag, and it completely disconnected and I could not reconnect the tag - the phone [S23 +]could not locate it and I had to do a factory reset on the tag and install a new battery. 

Today [maybe 2-3 weeks after i replaced the battery] I got another low battery warning. The phone tells you to get the tag closer to the phone to update the battery but it doesn't do anything. I had to take the battery out and put it back in order to refresh the battery percentage. 

This to me is annoying and unreliable if I have to manually keep updating my tag every 2 weeks. it should be able to accurately calculate the battery and not disconnect me if it thinks it's too low. It defeats the purpose of having a Smart Tag if it could at any time disconnect from the phone and the phone is not able to find it. 

Overall I wouldn't recommend a SmartTag to anyone at this point and I think Samsung should do better for a second generation product. 
2 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello,

I personally have own my Smart Tag V2 for 6 months without any battery issue. This may be a defective one, Have you contacted customer service?
0 Likes
eliasgman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I contacted them the first time and they told me to do the factory reset. This time I didn't cause I was able to fix it, but I submitted a bug report. I think the next time it happens I will ask for a replacement.
0 Likes