Original topic:

Galaxy A14 not detecting SmartTag2 when the tag is near again

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 02:00 PM)
PieterM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi everyone,

I have a Galaxy A14 4G and one of my cats has a SmartTag2 tag on his collar. When he goes for his daily inspection round, I enable the "notify me when found" option in the Smartthings Find app. When he is detected by another Samsung phone, I get a notification sound on my A14, even when the phone is idle (i.e. screen off). However, we he gets back home again and stands in front of the door, the A14 does not give a notification. It only does so when I pick up the phone and and press the 'power' button to turn on the screen, and almost immediately gives the notification that the tag has been found.

I've tried every possible option known to me: exclude the app from battery savings option etc. On my phone, it doesn't seem possible to add the Smartthings app to the list of apps that should never be put in sleep mode.

How do I configure my phone so that a notification is fired when the tag is within Bluetooth range again, without me having to do anything?

Thanks for your help,

Pieter   

3 Replies
Hake
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Try holding the smartthings app> app info> battery> set to unrestricted.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You could try setting a routine in the modes and routine settings.  I'm sure there are parameters for that type of thing.  Play with it and see if it helps you.

0 Likes
PieterM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Hake : unfortunately I already tried your suggestion and it doesn't solve the problem

@realaud : It seems the smarttag2 is not available for use with routines. 

Meanwhile, I have tried something else, as I suspect the reason the app doesn't fire a notification is because it treats the 'home' setting as an exception not requiring notifications. So I changed the home address in Smartthings and set the app to the setting away form home (or whatever it is called in English). Now the app does fire notifications, although it can take quite a while before it does.

To be honest I think this Smartthings app and the smarttag2 has been designed to be far to complicated for the average person. If I, with a background of 40 years in computer and software technology, can't figure it out, how can the average person? 

0 Likes