Original topic:

Hiya - phone problems

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 11:34 AM)
Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a Samsung galaxy a715g uw and many of my phone calls that are in my contacts go straight to voicemail. The calls do not ring through. I have disabled Hiya as it has blocked quite a few calls from my doctors and it is a nuisance. Anyone else have a problem with Hiya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
After doing more investigation on the problem, I have found no problem with my phone. The problem is with the Hiya app that was pre-installed on my phone. There is no way to remove the process. And so what I have done, is I went into the settings for the text message and found where I can stop using the service. I have stopped the service. I will see how that goes

View solution in context

8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there! So you have disabled scam calls from your dialer? Tap the three dots top right. Select Caller ID and spam protection, then set it to "Only block high-risk scam calls." If so, are texts messages coming through fine? Can some contacts reach you? 

Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I first tried block high ris

I tried only block high risk, and the other setting and both blocked calls whether they were in my contacts or not. Yes some contacts can reach me, but it is hit or miss
VerbumVeritum
Options
Other Mobile Devices

And toggling off Block scam calls, or even Caller ID and Spam protection entirely, didn't resolve it either? Have you reached out to your carrier about this? 

Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have just turned off spam protection and I am monitoring the phone to see if this fixes the issue, before I call my carrior
VerbumVeritum
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Please update here if you found that that step resolved your issue! 🙂

Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Will do
Solution
Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
After doing more investigation on the problem, I have found no problem with my phone. The problem is with the Hiya app that was pre-installed on my phone. There is no way to remove the process. And so what I have done, is I went into the settings for the text message and found where I can stop using the service. I have stopped the service. I will see how that goes
Nautical1959
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
After I stopped using the Hiya features on my phone, I am now receiving calls and text messages from people I know. I believe that the problem was with the Hiya pre-installed app. And this should be looked into by the team at Samsung. All in all, I will be using the Do not call registry instead of hiya from now on