Original topic:

Not all messages transferred from Google to Samsung messages

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
paigesbetterbro
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I prefer Samsung messenges over Google messages for a few reasons but the thing is not all my messages for certain people transferd over to Samsung messenges when I stoped using Google messages do you guys have any tips? - Galaxy A52 - here's and add on I just found out they did transfer it just shows up as anonymous and there's all the messages in that but I can't do anything with it I can delete it mute it and that's it I'm just confused but if you guys can't help I'll just have to go to the anonymous folder for the messages 

9 Replies
badcheck
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Turn
On RCS you may like it better?
0 Likes
paigesbetterbro
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'll try that
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung Messages does not have RCS, there is a possibility that the ones that have not transferred over were using RCS and were not converted to SMS format when you switched.  RCS needs to be enabled on both sides of the conversation, and it's on by default in Google Messages. You can identify the RCS chats in Google Messages by the little blue "text bubble" on the chat avatar. If those are the ones that are missing, that's what happened.  RCS are encrypted messages, and the encrypted messages won't transfer to a non-encrypted reader.  You should, however, still be able to get and send messages to those contacts, as also on by default is "resend as text" which will automatically switch from RCS if the recipient does not have an RCS enabled message app and didn't turn that off.

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Samsung Messages does have RCS Messaging (I use it) it just doesn't have all of the features Google Messages has (react for one) it depends on your carrier certain carriers like AT&T and TMobile only allow RCS Messaging via Google Messages
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Still does not negate the fact that the RCS messages did not transfer over because of the encryption.  If RCS is not turned on in Samsung Messages and either the OP's or their contacts are on one of the "restricted" networks, those messages would not be converted.

0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's carrier dependant. Not all carriers support it. If the messags didn't transfer it's likely his carrier does not support and won't transfer to Samsung messages.
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
They won't transfer.
0 Likes
Shilohlolo
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is there a setting on Samsung messages that causes some messages to not be received? I have had problems getting messages from one specific friend and it's getting very frustrating. I tried changing to Google messages but after a few days the same problem pops up again.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is your friend on an iPhone?  There is a known problem with SMS communication between Samsung & iPhone users.  I, personally haven't experienced it, but most of the people I know who have iPhones usually message me through FB messenger anyway. I do occasionally get actual texts from them with no problem...but I am using Google Messages.

0 Likes