JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not connecting to wifi entirely

(Topic created: 09-29-2023 04:04 PM)
FML_Dead_Inside
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Within an hours time last night, my phone's WiFi will no longer fully connect. It scans an connects to wifi fine.. but will not actually connect to wifi. It's also not showing a serial number anymore? Any idea's? 

None of my apps are connecting to wifi at all. But phone still says Connected to Network. 🤷

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
FML_Dead_Inside
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Turns out a download, wiped the web ssl certificates from my phone. An I ended up having to manually reinstall them. So far, everything is back to working just fine. But I'm backing up all my data, and doing scans regardless.

Without those certificates, it was like locking yourself out of your home.. an a kid inside flipping you off!🤣

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Heather0wink
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Delete your saved wifi info start over
also highlight wifi calling
buy a wifi extender
Walk around do.you have a dead spot in your house
0 Likes
FML_Dead_Inside
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No dead spots. All the other home devices connect and work fine. Internet access is only thru Samsung Internet Browser, tho it shows "connected" to everything else.
0 Likes
Heather0wink
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ask network provider and reset the router button
0 Likes
Heather0wink
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Warranty issue consult retail store first
0 Likes
FML_Dead_Inside
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have Reset Network Settings, doesn't change anything.

Resetting all Settings, gives about 3-5 minutes of actual WiFi.. before that stops.

It has also been downloading apps on its own.

Dropping phone calls now too.

Will, however let me connect to the internet thru the Samsung Internet Browser.
0 Likes
Heather0wink
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Our internet company replaced our router and some lines at the street once but could be a defective phone
0 Likes
FML_Dead_Inside
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Could be. Just odd, how everything worked fine an hour before.. an it's literally only the actual connection issue. Everything else is fine.
0 Likes
Solution
FML_Dead_Inside
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Turns out a download, wiped the web ssl certificates from my phone. An I ended up having to manually reinstall them. So far, everything is back to working just fine. But I'm backing up all my data, and doing scans regardless.

Without those certificates, it was like locking yourself out of your home.. an a kid inside flipping you off!🤣
0 Likes
crosenbalm
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm having the same issue. Tried everything. How did you know the ssl certificates were wiped and how did you get them back?
0 Likes