Original topic:

Photos saving and deleting

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 07:49 PM)
stylebender
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have my pictures in Google photos, Samsung gallery, Microsoft Onedrive, and cloud. Can I delete all these extras and still have my pics somewhere?
6 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Decide where you want to store your photos and make sure they are backed up in the cloud. Google Photos have backup function in the app and I believe One Drive too.

stylebender
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm so worried I'll lose them somehow. Thank you! I'll make check it out.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If you are worried about losing them, can you ever have too many backup locations?  You also have the option if your cloud services are getting full, to upload your photos to a flash drive or computer.  

At any point, you can stop the photo syncing/backup to any one or all of the services and then just keep the backup on in the place you want them to be saved.  I would suggest keeping them in Google photos because it's easiest, but the caveat here is that if you delete a photo from the cloud side, it also deletes it on your phone.  I don't think that if you delete it from your phone it also deletes it from Google photos, otherwise there would be no point in backup. I have found many photos I deleted from my phone stored safely in Google photos, and the ones I truly no longer wanted, I deleted.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@stylebender I would do a test with a photo that you don't care if you lose. After the photo appears on those services, delete it from your phone or one of the services. Wait a while before checking, then: 

If the photo is automatically deleted from another location, you know that they are synced to match (have the same exact contents). 

If the photo doesn't automatically delete from another location, you know that it is truly a (one way) backup. 

stylebender
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ty, I'm about to try that!
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you @LongHiker ! Let us know how it goes @stylebender