Original topic:

Re-mapping the Android keyboard

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
BillDollar
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I've requested that Samsung give us an option to shift the ASDFGHJKL line of the keybd a half character to the left and add a DEL key on the right above the BS key so we can delete in both directions without having to use the up arrow two finger work around. 

Who else would like to be able to delete in both directions with this simple fix ?  No problem if it's added as an optional fix in the settings for the keybd.

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can easily create your own custom keyboard using Samsung's Keys Cafe application.
0 Likes
BillDollar
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
How? Seems to handle borders and colors. How to shift line and add a key?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@BillDollar After you open Keys Cafe. Click on Make your own keyboard. Click on the the + under English to create a new keyboard. Then click on Edit. Now you will see keys displayed in the top half of the screen that you can add to the keyboard. Swipe left to see other possible keys. Long press and drag your desired key down to the keyboard below. One you have it configured properly, click the check mark to save the keyboard.

If you want to change the size of a key in the keyboard below, click the key. Then you will see a dialog pop up which allows you to change the width and height of the key. 

0 Likes
BillDollar
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ain't got no plus sign. šŸ˜ž I'm on an A14 5G which could make a difference. I'll see if I can attach pic somehow. 1714968860824_1714968860811_0.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@BillDollar Unfortunately you have downloaded the incorrect app. You downloaded this app from the Google Play store. Screenshot_20240506_064556_Google Play Store.jpg

Instead, what you need is this one in the Samsung Store. Screenshot_20240506_064800_Galaxy Store.jpg

This is part of Samsung's Good Lock app (also in the Samsung Store).

0 Likes
BillDollar
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A real pain in the **bleep** with no real instructions, but I got it. Much grass to LongHiker for the pointers. šŸ˜
AaLay324
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have had similar issues with samsung keyboard when filling out passwords I get a keyboard with only numbers asterisk ,#,and ().And every time it happens my passwords have letters and other special characters.
0 Likes