Original topic:

Samsung A54 Whatsapp problem after One UI 6 update

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung a54 phone at Bestbuy for my elderly mom. Right away, I updated the software to latest one UI. Right after the update, a problem with Whatsapp began in which recording voice messages would work intermittently. Some messages were recorded and others were muted. I did some online research and it appears this is a known issue after the latest One UI update, especially with owners of the Samsung A54. I just bought the phone and I am still within my return window at Bestbuy. What do you suggest I do? Very disappointed with Samsung. 

I already emailed Samsung and tried all of things they told me to do. Nothing works. Restarting phone, reinstalling app, clearing WhatsApp cache and data etc. 

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

18 Replies
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you again for the reply. Itā€™s a crazy story. I had her old phone in the car when we were inside Bestbuy. I returned the Samsung phone and walked out of the store confident that at least we had an old but working phone as backup. When we returned to the car, the old phone was dead. It sounds like I am making this up, but I am not.  At least I made a backup of her data through her google and Samsung account. But yes, the old phone has died. Thank you for wanting to help out. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Out of curiosity, has she ever tried the voice messaging in either Google Messages or Samsung Messages? Whatever phone you get, if WhatsApp acts up, it could be an alternative. She could even do video chats through Google Meet (I guess as long as the other people have it too).  She might not even need WhatsApp any more.  I think she would really like the A54, so if WhatsApp is the only issue and the alternatives work for her, I'd give it another try.

As to the dead phone.  Don't give up on it yet, I don't know how hot it is where you are, but it could have just been overheated from being in the car. Give it a day and see if it starts up.  

0 Likes
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Again, thank you my friend. At the Best Buy store, I believe the geek squad employee tried Samsung messaging and it worked fine. Not sure about google messaging. 
All my mothers friends and family use WhatsApp. Therefore, she is locked in with WhatsApp. Again, thank you. Yes, she loved the a54. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Well, then before you buy another phone and possibly go through this again, I would suggest you contact WhatsApp and check if they have updated the app to work with OneUI6.0/1.  maybe they can help you with hindsight/proactive troubleshooting. They may have updated the app for Android 14, but not for the Samsung UI, although I have not seen any widespread outrage about it not working.  This board would be lit up about it.  I only know two people who use WhatsApp and they only use it when cruising to get around wi-fi calling restrictions on shipboard internet plans.  Although my sister has an A54 and does have WhatsApp on it. I'll ask her if hers works.

0 Likes
Andrew1211
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you so much for all of your advice. I will definitely contact WhatsApp to see if they have updated the app to work with the latest One UI. 
I just recently returned from Bestbuy and noticed they removed the Samsung A54 from their displays and replaced it with the new A35. I guess I was the one to buy their last A54. Also, most Walmarts around me donā€™t have the A54 in stock anymore. For now, Samsung is not releasing the A55 in the USA. 
Maybe I should try the A35 to see if it has the same WhatsApp issue, but I will contact WhatsApp before I make any purchase. Again, thank you so much. And I appreciate you asking your sister. 

0 Likes
Tomas9999
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just got an a15 yeaterday at tmo and whatsapp audio is not working when I call people they hear chopped audio. Not a network problem happens also on wifi and 4G. Replaced SIM, reset network nothing still bad.... going to get a an iPhone I think.
0 Likes
camajon
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Necesito saber quien robo mi informaciĆ³n personal biolo mis derechos personales
0 Likes
camajon
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Y todo pasa en mi casa y e encontrado muchos dispositivos como bosinas termostatos audƭfonos celulares lƔmparas y mucho mas
0 Likes
masterblasterc
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

For me to whats app is not working on A54 , it works for a while and then hangs . installed whats app on another old phone and it works fine . not sure how to go about it 

0 Likes