Original topic:

Samsung M22 restarts when a notification appears

(Topic created: 05-09-2024 10:16 PM)
10and4quarters
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello!

I've been using my Samsung M22 for around two years now. This issue has been present before and I had taken it to a Samsung Phone Service while it still had it's part replacement guarantee. Though now it's expired, and I'd try to find a way around this.

The issue is as follows: I can use the phone normally, up until I get a notification (usually from Messages, Instagram and Whatsapp) where then it begins to stutter, some of my drags are not recognized by the touchscreen and are interpreted as long taps; and then it reboots itself.

I'm usually stuck in a bootloop when this happens due to the notifications showing up again.

Using apps without getting notifications is fine, the issue occurs the moment I get a notification. 

Also, sometimes in the Settings app when the action I'm trying to do is too complex (e.g.: Opening the list of apps which send notifications) Settings freezes, then I get the usual pop-up of "Settings isn't responding. End process?"

When this issue occurred before I had solved it with a factory reset and after using it for about a week the issue has returned. This time I would try not to factory reset it as that process is quite troublesome.

Things I have tried are:

- Factory Reset

- Battery Calibration

- Changing the settings of my notifications

- Safe Mode Usage (It still happens)

- Uninstalling all 3rd party apps that may be the culprit 

My Samsung M22 is up-to-date with no minor or major updates available. 

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry, this is a peer-to-peer forum for users of Samsung's phones purchased in the USA. I believe your phone is a version not sold in the USA, it is a version sold in India and other locations in that area. You need to contact the Samsung community in India.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sorry, this is a peer-to-peer forum for users of Samsung's phones purchased in the USA. I believe your phone is a version not sold in the USA, it is a version sold in India and other locations in that area. You need to contact the Samsung community in India.